Healthy Go To Snacks
One of the best ways to keep on track with your nutrition plan is to be prepared. My personal nutrition plan includes 3 meals and 3 or 4 snacks every day. In order to avoid having to make choices when I am hungry I always have some healthy snacks sitting in my kitchen ready to grab.
It is inevitable that as you lose fat you will be hungry, but if you are prepared then the choices you will make when snacking will be healthy ones that compliment your lifestyle choices rather than sabotage them.
These are my top healthy go to snacks:
- Boil up a few eggs and store in the fridge: I would eat 1 or 2 of these for a snack, they will provide you with protein and healthy fats
- Defrost some berries: I usually have a bowl of these sitting in the fridge, they can be eaten on their own or added to a smoothie
- Make some sugar free jelly: now the healthy aspect of these is debatable because of the artifical sweeteners but I find them very useful for when I want something sweet, they are very good mixed with a TBSP of Greek yoghurt and defrosted berries
- Cottage cheese: this is great as either a savoury or sweet snack – with chopped vegetables such as carrots it is a handy dip or with berries it makes a sweet snack, it is also a good source of protein.
- Protein powder: for a very quick snack I would always reach for the protein powder, 1 scoop mixed with water or sometimes milk. Alternatively, add it to some fruit and make a smoothie.
I will add to this list as time goes on, but I would love to hear of other peoples go to snacks, please add yours to the comments below.